Sunday, April 7, 2013

Superpowers

As you all are aware of, we have been reading invisible man for the past month. Although in the book, he is not actually invisible, he feels as though he is. That being said, if you could  ONE superpower, what would you choose?

28 comments:

  1. I would choose teleportation, because as soon as you were tired of being somewhere, you could go somewhere else that makes you happy. You could travel all over the world and not even pay for a plane ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a wise one. You could go anywhere anytime that you wanted, and you wouldn't even have to wait. Jake could use this to his advantage; he would never be late to school lol.

      Delete
    2. This would be very nice because you would never spend time commuting, but I would probably end up driving and walking places anyway because I would want a little break.

      Delete
    3. This would be the one I would choose as well. Thank you for your post. I will now be selecting a different superpower. The reason I would choose this one would be so I could go see anyone I wanted at any point in time.

      Delete
    4. Have you seen jumper? I think that it is a pretty good movie and it is about teleporting all over, but only to places you have seen in pictures or been to.

      Delete
  2. The superpower that I would choose is shape shifting. The power would allow me to fly, dive deep in the ocean, and even disappear but transforming into something very small. This power would give me the best of all the possibilities available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One power Foust! Shape shifting gives you the power to replicate a look but not the power of the user. This power you describe however is commonly associated with androids who replicate the user.

      Delete
    2. I love this idea Anna. It would be great to be able to be whatever you wanted. In the shape sense.

      Delete
  3. This is such a difficult question for me to decide upon. There are so many amazing powers for the taking and yet I am limited to just one. I could be a Green Lantern and have the power to create anything based purely on my willpower. I could ask to be a Kryptonian such as Superman but on account he has every superpower I feel that is a tad manipulative. I could be effected by gamma radiation and turn into the hulk and smash everything in existence! Or be a badass like Deathstroke, Nightwing, and Batman by rocking no powers just ridiculous athleticism and training. I could speak like Morgan Freeman for the rest of my life and thusly establish my role as the King of this dirt mound. Or I could choose to go Super Sayian like Gohan, glistening in the sun with my beautiful blonde hair. The speed of Flash could be mine and I could make millions playing in the NFL. Nightwing defiantly going Nightwing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was both extremely nerdy and extremely impressive at the same time.

      Delete
    2. I support Jake in his reply.

      Delete
    3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8ovv-W5pcI

      I support you all the way Hunter.

      Delete
    4. I was expecting to see some sort of long comic book debate with yourself. You have not disappointed.

      Delete
  4. I would have the ability to morph time by speeding it up and slowing it down. With this power I could buy myself virtually all the extra time I needed to accomplish tasks, think through decisions, pull pranks on people, or even just explore the entire world in only several seconds. As long as I didn't get too eager and speed up time so fast that I would accelerate to my death, I see no downsides to this power. I would have to give myself one crux though, and that would be that I could not stop time, I could just slow it down by a ridiculous amount, so with normal life it would appear to be stopped, but if some evil villain could go ridiculously fast, I would still have to make quick decisions to save the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you might not be hours late for EVERYTHING!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I really like this one jake, it could probably be one of the most usefull superpowers.

      Delete
  5. If I had the opprtunity to have a superpower, I would choose the ability to never be tired. I love sleep, but it would be great to survive without. Imagine how much time I could have to do anything. I would never be physically tired either. I would always have time to eat and rejuvinate all my muscles. There would be a few bad things about this power, but the ability to never be tired sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a lot of fun to have. I mean you could do your boring work stuff in the day, then go ham at night. You could repeat the process again and again. Genius!

      Delete
    2. All the stuff that a person could get done with this power would be ridiculous. Never having to sleep though may make everyday run into each other and it may seem like time has come to a standstill.

      Delete
  6. As he is my favorite superhero(or villain depending on which comics you read) I would wish to emulate the merc with the mouth, Deadpool. He is a mutant with super fast healing abilities like Wolverine, yet he was experimented on to become a super soldier like Captain America. However, something went terribly wrong with the experiment, and he went completely insane. Since I cannot fully grasp the essence of Deadpool with words, here is a youtube clip. Have fun procrastinating! :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could have one superpower it would be the ability to fly. It has always fascinated me that birds can fly. The ability to fly would be great. I could be in my own little world up in the sky and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I could choose one superpower I would choose the ability of super speed. I can truly see nothing wrong with this power. The ability would allow me to do any sport I ever would want to do. I could join the NFL and score on any play, become the greatest Olympic sprinter of all time, basically anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had this superpower, I sure hope you wouldn't still be going to Dillon! Haha

      Delete
  9. If I could have any superpower, I would have the ability to stop and reverse time. If I didn't feel like waking up yet, I could simply pause time and sleep longer. I could also get all of my homework done while still keeping up with my numerous social obligations. I could also use this power to rob banks and such, if I chose to use my powers for evil. As for the reversing of time, if I ever messed up at anything, I could go back and re-do it, much like a video game.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think either the ability to fly or stop time. Considering flying might get somewhat at some point, stopping time would always come in handy! Just think of the possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flying might get somewhat.... boring? dangerous? Kinda forgot a word there!

      Delete
  11. My superpower would be similar to Dr. Hansen's with time control. Being able to manipulate space and time through something akin to a worm hole. It would be incredibly useful for several reasons. First and foremost, there is the implications that I would have on task orientated life. I would never again be left unprepared for something because I could just simply reverse or fast-forward till I have had enough time to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My power would be flying. Just the thought of being up there, weightless and in complete control would be awesome. Time control would be sick too, and one could have a lot of fun with it! Lastly, teleportation would be sweet. Look at the top of a mountain, and then you are there? Nice! But still, flying trumps all in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete