At the beginning of fall I had plans to apply to multiple institutions, yet have found myself only to have done the paperwork for one. Soon enough however I will apply to BSU and CCA. Most likely I will begin classes at University of Idaho where I plan to major in English with a writing emphasis and minor in Broadcasting. At the same time starting this summer, I will begin to learn how to make short films of my own.
My biggest plan as of yet is to leave this hellish place called Salmon Idaho. I hope to move to place close to where Collin is stationed and continue schooling there. I do not yet know what career i want out of this life, but I do know I want to be happy no matter what.
ReplyDeleteSalmon is certainly not a "hellish" place it is actually more like a safe haven from the storm. Perhaps once you get a glisp of what the real world is like you will realize that Salmon is not so bad of a place after all.
DeleteMy plan is to leave salmon and not move back. I am planning on attending Montana State University, competing on thier college rodeo team, and making it to the College Finals Rodeo my freshman year there. While attending college, I plan on studying pre-veterinary medicine while getting my degree in either organic chemistry or biology. From there I will transfer to a veterinary college, either Washington State University or Colorado State Univeristy and getting a degree in veterinary medicine and thus becoming a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
ReplyDeleteMy plan also includes to move away from Salmon and to never "move" back but definitley visit. Your future plans sound very exciting and I am estatic for you.
DeleteThat's a great plan Erik. I look forward to watching you rodeo in college and screaming obscenities from the stands!
DeleteAfter you rope goats for a few years, I cannot wait to see you open a successful veterinary clinic here in salmon and work here for the remainder of your career. I can see it already...
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete^ *Like
DeleteMy future plans include attending CSI in the fall and living with my sister-in-law. After attending CSI for two years I will then move to Washington and attend Eastern Washington and pursue a physical therapy degree. That is mainly what i have planned but plans always change. I am just ready to leave the town of Salmon, Idaho and just go with happens in the future and where it takes me.
ReplyDeleteAmen to being ready to leave. Once out of this town we are truly on our own to let our future take ahold. Your plans sound well thought out and good luck to your future.
DeleteI like the small town of Salmon and enjoy living here, but I do realize it is my time to move on and see the real world. About two weeks after graduation I plan on leaving for two straight years to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I hope I am sent somewhere foreign and far away, but where ever I do go I will busy myself in the work of teaching, preaching, and serving others. Upon returning from my service as a missionary I plan on attending the University of Southern Virginia, Snow College, Utah State University, or Brigham Young University. I hope to be able to play college football at the first two schools mentioned. I also plan on Majoring in Political Science and Minoring in Piano Preformance on Pedagogy.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a beautiful plan for your future my friend. Going away on your mission that early sounds awesome. The life lessons that will undoubtly give you will be amazing.
DeleteI like it. Even though I have tried many times and failed at pronouncing the word "Pedagogy."
DeleteSo why the University of Southern Virginia out of curiousity?
DeleteI have great plans for when I leave Salmon High School. I am either going to attend the University of Idaho, play football at Montanna Western, or play football at Lewis and Clark College in Portland. I have yet to decide which college I plan on attending but I really would like to play football. I plan on majoring in political science or pre-med. I would then like to either attend law school or meidcal school. I am truly excited to leave the small town of Salmon, Idaho and go out into the real world.
ReplyDeleteDillon is the exact same town as Salmon. Avoid at all costs.
DeleteMy plans are to leave this town and to not look back for some time. I plan to go north to be closer to friends and attend college at either LCSC or U of I. I plan to study biology and to see where it will take me in life. The adventure truly begins after high school and I plan to take full advantage of all that the world has to offer to me.
ReplyDeleteWell, U of I IS a party school, so..... ;)
DeletePlans? What plans? I'm just going to go to a place of higher learning and see where my feet take me. I don't have any set in stone plans for what I'm going to do after graduating and moving away. I'm going to play it by ear and see where life takes me. When one makes a plan that person will try so hard to stick to the plan that important things will be pushed aside to make room for the "master plan." Important things like traveling and a full nights sleep. It's like waiting for a train to hit you. You can spend all your life trying to get out of the way, or you can pull up a chair, crack open a beer, and wait for it to come.
ReplyDeleteYes, Drew, I will have fries with that.
DeleteI will either become a monk and live the rest of my life in a Monastery, start main-lining copious amounts of illicit drugs, or I will attend Boise State University in the fall. It is a complete toss up right now, but the reasons I would pick each would be these: for the first I could make that awesome monk chanting music, for the second, I could recover, become a motivational speaker and write rap music, and for the third I would try to pursue a degree in Finance or Business or something. I, like Hunter, thought that I would be applying to many colleges and giving myself an open decision, but after much thought I realized that Boise was truly just the place I wanted to attend school. I do not want to live there forever, but I am not moving there forever, so after I graduate then I will decide what to do, maybe even earlier if my parents move away before I have a degree. I looked into University of Alaska and I would have loved to attend there, but out of state tuition, like everywhere else, was much more expensive, and in my opinion, not worth the extra money. So for the time being, I am going to try to get a degree in a reasonably priced school, and then after that just look to utilize my talents and see where I go. Basically, I have no clue, and I'm okay with that for now.
ReplyDeleteI plan on enlisting into the military upon my lovely release from this hellish place. The three branches I am looking at are Army, Air Force, and Coast Guard.
ReplyDeleteThe number one thing I want to do is Maritime Enforcement Specialist, or MES in the Coast Guard. They are the guys that board ships and stop smugglers. My issue with Coast Guard though is that I would have to wait up to two years actually go in to. Meanwhile I would do whatever the higher ups tell me.
Or, in Air Force and Army, there is Explosive Ordinance Disposal, or EOD. They are the guys who defuse the bombs and "safely dispose of" later. Which means they blow the **** out it. I love the thought of that, as I am a pyromaniac.
I am very ecstatic to say for my future that I will be attending college in Maine to study Criminal Justice! It's not that I do not like Salmon, or Idaho for that matter, but I just miss my roots too much to stick around for another four years... I will also be playing basketball for my college, and I couldn't be happier!
ReplyDeleteIt is just crazy to think that as classmates we only have a little over four months left of our high school career together. Let's make this one a great semester!