Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Monsters

Throughout Jane Eyre there are references to ghosts and vampires, along with other creatures of our nightmares. Monsters fill every story and even modern-day life. They are all diverse and symbolize different characteristics of ourselves. Throughout history, different monsters have risen from the shadows of different cultures and have stood for darker sides of our personalities. For this blog, look and find your inner monster and explain why this monster fits your personality.

26 comments:

  1. I honestly can not think of a "monster" that particularly fits my personality, but I am kind of fascinated by vampires. Not the twilight ones, but Count Dracula and those of that sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see that you are more inclined to the real rendition of vampires rather than the sparkly kind haha

      Delete
  2. I would have to agree with Jessie and say that I can't really think of any monster that would describe my personality. I generally don't think of malevolent creatures that my personality parallels or even resembles. Though if I were to pick a monster I would personally go with the Killer Rabbit from "Monty Python and The Holy Grail." This is because it is resembles the perfect underdog, small, visually unthreatening, yet has big nasty pointy teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the rabbit is the perfect underdog!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Logan's choice of a monster. It is completely ironic for a killer, because of its size and appearance, but it is very dangerous. Also that movie is purely awesome, therefore the bunny is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monsters eh? Well, I don't really know if my personality or much about me for that matter resembels a monster. One monster I really do admire though is a vampire. Look at count dracula, he is old as time itself, yet he is still raking in the....ahem, women. It seems like all vampires are ladies men, and for being undead, they dont let the cold hard grip of death slow them down, they are on the hunt like a 25 year old man. They seem to stay young forever, on the inside and out. If I had to choose, I would be a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you as more of a gnomish type monnster. Small in stature but with a heart of gold. I'm just kidding you bro. I do believe that you would be a great vampire. The women would flood you.

      Delete
  5. I would hands down be Sully! Follow that link, and just look at him! His looks alone show that he is adorable, and would be the most caring creature around. For anyone who has seen the movie Monsters Inc., they know that there is more to Sully than meets the eye. Not only can Sully be adorable; he can also be scary and fearless in the face of danger, but he never forgets who his friends and loved ones are. Clearly, Sully is the monster to be, and clearly, he is the monster for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sully is the perfect persona of your personality, Jake. Sully does what is asked of him, but is not afraid to break the rules either. He is caring and compassionate, yet when he has to, he can kick some butt and hold his own in a fight. Grow your hair out and get some horns and you will resemble Sully perfectly.

      Delete
    2. I do not think that you could have picked a better monster for yourself. Sully has a rough outer shell but on the inside he is truly a kind monster. He looks after his friends and does all that he can to make a bad situation right.

      Delete
    3. Ohhh Jake! I totally agree. Immediately when I saw the picture, I had to laugh! That really is you.

      Delete
    4. Excellent assessment Doctor! What a lovely choice.

      Delete
  6. I like to think that my dark side resembles a werewolf. A lonely, somber creature that only comes out at certain times, and only under the cover of night. A werewolf usually keeps to itself, minding its own business, yet if a werewolf is angered he will erupt into a terrible blood rage destroying everything in its path. A werewolf cannot be controlled, he is a slave to a terrible ceaseless appetite that drives him to wander and roam. A werewolf is my inner monster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my inner monster would be a lich. Undead, intelligent, and the sun doesn't agree with it. A lich is usually the reanimated version of a magician, or nerd. They sit in a tower all day and scheme how they will take over the world. If this were a fantasy world, I would be the lich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Drewseph, I am seriously loling. It is all true, you are very much like a lich. But, the question is, will follow through with your plans to take over the world?

      Delete
  8. First, I would like to say kudos on the choice of blog Anna! This should be fun. Okay, my monster. Hmmm. I think I am going to choose the beast from "Where the Wild Things Are". This monster likes to play, but when he gets upset, he doesn't want to talk to anyone. He shuts people out and goes to a place where he can be alone. This post kind of sounds slightly depressing, but I assure you this monster has a very fun side and constantly wants to have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally see myself as a uunicorn. I am not the average unicorn that all the girls thought about when they were younger. I am a big badass black stallion unicorn. I ride around the countryside destroying evil and ridding the world of evildoers. This represents my inner nobility and inclination towards helping others all while remaining hardcore. I believe that inside we all an inner black unicron that is waiting to be released for the good of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would also have pixie dust and glitter that would spread the ability to do anything. Your amazing "badass" qualities would still definitely make you look hardcore. I could see you have many followers in other words all your admiring freshman.

      Delete
    2. Patrick, I think you are already a big badass white stallion, so it is completely believable that you would have an inner black unicorn. I can just imagine you slaying countless villains and ridding the world of injustice, like batman. You are a hero.

      Delete
    3. I agree withyour choice of "Monster". A unicorn suits you very well, but i picture you as the dark, black unicorn, kind of like "Black Swan." Your name would be the Black Unicorn and would rule the skys and fellow unicorn memebers of your so called herd.

      Delete
    4. I don't think you would be a black unicorn, You white fool! But I do think that you would be a unicorn, and a good destroyer of injustice as well. I agree with jake that you would be much like batman. I think you would prance through the forest and take over communist China as well. I would call you Pat-Jun-Ho, The communist ruler of all asia.

      Delete
  10. My inner monster is definitely a Spartan warrior. First off because I enjoy fighting and I hate to be proven wrong. When I believe in something I believe it with m whole heart, and I will fight for it. Second because I am very competitive. Competitiveness can at times be a good quality or a flaw. Being competitive can make me be rude to others and can sometimes make me degrade people for not being as competitive. I am surely just a true born fighter at heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would say that you are exactly that! You are extremely competitive. That will get you far, that is for sure. And I especially know how you like to inflict pain. The football when we were younger? Yeah.

      Delete
  11. If I were to have too choose one monster,I would have to choose the mysterious sea serpent. They haunted the seas for hundreds of years, tormenting the minds of travelers with the mystery that surrounded the very thought of them. They dwell in the deep of the ocean and are peaceful until threatened by someone or something that crosses them. They keep to themselves unless it is nessisary to emerge from the depth of the ocean. I believes this fits me since I am a peaceful person who keeps to myself unless aim needed "above the surface," so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If i were to choose one monster to describe my personality i would definitley choose Mike from "Monsters Inc." He fits my personality because he has once eye, which should be scary, but in general he is just a good hearted, and smart monster. Mike does show his inner monster when it is needed but for the most part he is just a funny, layed back guy which resembles my personality completely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is kind of a hard choice, which monster is most like me. I would have to say the Nightfury from How to Train Your Dragon. Quiet, distant, chooses your battles. But once you get to know me you see me as a whole different person, one that can be playful, yet serious and very protective. Good blog Foust.

    ReplyDelete